The goal of the Goffstown Adult Education Diploma Program is to provide a second opportunity for adults and out of school youth to earn a certified high school diploma. The program of studies for the Adult Diploma Program will offer a balanced, standards-based curriculum sensitive to the characteristics of the adult learner. The Goffstown Adult Education Diploma will recognize the goals accomplished and learning inherent in daily adult life. The GAP Diploma Program will work with the student to assist in transferring of previously earned high school credits.
The Goffstown Adult Education Program Diploma will be awarded when 20 program credits are earned.
|Science||2 (must include Biology)|
|Social Studies||2 (must include US History and 1/2 each Civics and Economics)|
As Elective credits, the adult learner may be granted credit for the following (See Life Credit Awards Process):
- Continuous employment in one field for 3-5 years (2 credits maximum): Employer must submit, on company letterhead, verification of hours worked, a basic job description, and a short evaluation of your work performance.
- Successful participation in apprentice programs (2 credits maximum): Student must submit certificate of completion or a letter from the person mentoring the apprenticeship. Credit will be awarded on a case by case basis.
- Successful completion of course work in Trade school, business school or college: Student must submit official transcript from school or institutions.
- Supervised successful participation in volunteer and community service (2 credits maximum)
- Students must perform 45 hours of supervised volunteer service per credit at an approved site. Supervisor shall submit confirmation of the service (on agency letterhead); student must submit a one-page paper about the experience.
- Successful completion of program of study through accredited, approved correspondence school (2 credits maximum): Student must submit official transcript from school or institutions. Credit will be awarded on a case by case basis.
Special internships may be arranged upon approval by the program director and mentor.